Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane... I'll Be Back in a Semester

In January of 2013 a younger and more naive version of myself began the process of applying for a semester abroad. Fast forward a bit and we find a haggard, battle scarred warrior who has not only defeated the dragon, but trained it. Hilariously, I thought it was going to be easy. Fill out a few forms, write an essay or two, buy a plane ticket and boom off to adventure. Being the foolish mortal that I was I forgot the most vital bit of information I picked up during my 3 years of college so far: IT'S NEVER EASY. Unwritten rule states that anything that can be difficult will. Especially if it's something school related.
Across the pond
In a little over a week all of my struggle and hard work will be paying off and I will be boarding a plane bound for the United Kingdom to spend a semester studying at Edinburgh Napier University. As I look back on every flaming hoop I had to jump through I can't help but feel a little bit smug. And now comes the fun part. I don't know if my upcoming trip is going to be the incredible adventure everyone keeps telling me it's going to be, or if my time abroad will be a lonely and difficult experience. But I'm about to find out.

3 comments:

  1. Great Blog, can't wait for more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOO NO NO NO NO !!!!





    I'm sorry Wilson, I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete